Sunday, December 20, 2009

Puppy Problems

So we got a puppy!
And now we don't have him any more.
Sad yes I know.

Story behind this intriguing opening:

So we have been wanting a dog for so long.
We found this beautiful newfoundland mix puppy on ksl so we went and saw him
and I feel in love.
He obviously was in love with me too.
I had visions of him wearing a cute little Santa hat and playing in our backyard.
So we bought him.
It was the most spontaneous thing we had done in a long time.
It felt like such a rush. We were dog owners.
In the car I started to notice that my skin was starting to itch alot and a rash was forming. I tried to tell myself it was nothing. We went to the pet store to get the necessities and everyone commented on how cute puppy.
Seriously the little guy was irresistible.
We get home and I notice that my nose is runny, I'm sneezing and my rash is getting worse.
No bueno.
Maybe I'm getting a cold I tell Colin, like it's no big deal. I don't want him to take our new puppy away because he's worried about me.
We named him beau.
To make a long story short my allergies didn't get better. They get worse and we realize maybe this is not going to work. plus the cute little booger took a poop on my carpet; also no bueno. We found a very nice home with children and another dog he can play with.
i cried.
Colin pretended he didn't cry and he was gone from our lives.
It was a dramatic weekend for us.


This is the first and only picture we have together. Right after this picture my lips broke out in a rash. Love you beau but I can have none of that. I value my good non itchy skin and clear sinus's alittle too much.

2 comments:

Peterson Family said...

we did the same thing once, except our landlord wouldnt allow pets, we knew this and still got it, and had to give it away the next day.

Rachel said...

That's so sad! He's a cutie. I'm sorry you couldn't keep him but I'm glad your skin won't be itchy!